Titans Community Foundation
The Foundation has established a reputation for being a first class deliverer of a wide range of educational, motivational and recreational activities to children and young people in Rotherham
The charitable objectives of the Foundation are:
i) To promote community participation in healthy recreation.
ii) To ensure that everyone within the local community is able participate in the activities.
iii) To advance and improve the education of children and young people in Rotherham.
By promoting local educational and sporting opportunities the Foundation seeks to create and then develop relationships with a number of partners within the town.
Through this positive partnership approach, a number of agencies, organisations and private companies provide additional funding to enable the work in the community to continue, develop and flourish.
A core competence of the organisation is the input of the Rotherham Titans Rugby Club players to the activities and their commitment to improving the lives of young people in the Rotherham area, the players performing the role of deliverers of the sessions. Research would suggest that the children, (and the teachers), value both the professional involvement and the motivational aspects provided by the players. Each player is coach qualified and has the relevant Child Protection training and Criminal Record certification.
The main activities included in the TCF programme are:
Reading support programme in Junior schools
- Players read with children in local schools acting as positive role models encouraging and motivating the children to read more and improve their reading skills.
A disengagement programme for Secondary school children
- Activities for groups of young people who find school difficult. Giving an alternative approach to the curriculum enables the young people to develop confidence and self-esteem, whilst ensuring appropriate levels of discipline are maintained.
Coaching sessions in a number of schools
- Fun and enjoyable multi-sport sessions, usually with a rugby flavour to offer children the opportunity to develop their ball-coordination skills and promote healthy lifestyles.
- Out of school activities for children that not only includes multi- sport sessions, but the chance to learn new computer skills, enjoy off site visits and make new friends
Working with groups of Looked after Children
- Providing a specific group within our community with opportunities to develop many new skills.
Visits to Titans Home games
- Inviting a new potential fan base to rugby matches. Allowing many children, to see live rugby for the first time.
Additionally the TCF supports the now well established Try Line Centre at the Rotherham Rugby Club which is a Playing for Success Centre empowered to help school children in Rotherham develop their literacy, numeracy and ICT skills.
The Titans Community Foundation is extremely proud of its achievements and will continue to develop and grow with and for the people of Rotherham.
TITANS COMMUNITY FOUNDATION.......working for a better community in Rotherham